Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Happy Tag

Sara of A Free Mind tagged me with this.  I've fallen waaaaaaaaay behind in doing tags lately, though I hope to do a couple of the others I've been tagged with this month -- we'll see if I can scrounge the time.  But anyway, this seems to just require listing some things that make you happy in particular categories, which is quick and fun, so here goes!


Books:

everything by Raymond Chandler
the Sherlock Holmes books and stories by A. Conan Doyle
the Nero Wolfe books by Rex Stout
the Anne of Green Gables books by L.M. Montgomery
the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes books by Laurie R. King


Words:

dream
yearn
enchant
persnickety
selbstverstaendlich (it's a German word that means "obviously")


Movies/TV:

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)
The Lone Ranger (2013)
And Now Tomorrow (1944)
Gunfight in Abilene (1967)
all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies


Scents:

cinnamon
coffee
lavender
lemon
fresh dirt


Songs:

"Mack the Knife" sung by Bobby Darin
"Cracklin' Rosie" sung by Neil Diamond
"All Star" by Smash Mouth
"Windy" by The Association
"A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley (JXL remix)


Misc:

daydreaming
the bubbly, bouncy feeling when a story idea is throwing sparks
brownies
daffodils
morning snuggles with my little mice





And I hereby tag anybody who's feeling happy, who's feeling glum, who's feeling bored, or who has been searching for something to blog about.  All be happy!

18 comments:

  1. Well, this was jolly good fun to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do this tag. :) Loved your answers! (Especially for Misc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote from the Anne book. I saw you were reading it, they are such fun! I just read books one and two last year for the first time. Hopefully this year I'll find some time for the rest of the series.

    I second the daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! I read all the Anne books as a girl, but the only one I'd read at all recently was the first one, so I decided to read all 8 over the course of the year.

      My daffodils are up, I'm pleased to announce! Can't wait for them to bloom :-)

      Delete
  4. I love "selbstverstaendlich" too :-) My personal favorite German word is "schuechtern" (shy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, it's just a fun word to say, isn't it? Sometimes I say, "und so weiter" instead of "et cetera," especially in my head -- another of my faves. "Shuechtern" is good too! Oh, and I like to say "Suppe" instead of "soup" to my kids to make them laugh.

      Delete
  5. Love your answers and love this tag!
    Here are my answers!
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-happy-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, that's cool that you did the tag too! Off to check yours out :-)

      Delete
  6. There were loads of great choices in your list! I've had a go at this tag myself :) You were right, it was a lot of fun to do!

    http://missdaydreamersplace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/the-happy-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah :-) I know, it's just a cheery little tag, isn't it? I'll pop over to read yours in a minute.

      Delete
  7. Ah, brownies! Yes, that's a happy one! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian, it's just so true :-9 And hi! Nice to "meet" you :-)

      Delete
  8. ♥ I love Elvis and the scents you listed are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Yes, Elvis had such an amazing voice, didn't he?

      Delete
  9. This post is definitely full of happy! I've been needing some quick, easy posts to break up all my reviews here recently, perhaps I'll join in.

    "selbstverstaendlich" I love it! But how do you say it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara, have at it! It's a nice pick-me-up kind of post, and very fast.

      Selbstverstaendlich is pronounced zellbst-vair-SHTAYND-leekh.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)